Dang Cold

It was in the single digits as I cleared off the frost from the van and took the kids to school this morning. I could see the beautiful sun rise over the Alleghenies. The purple clouds came out from behind the farthest ridge like another ridgetop floating just beyond the mountains, waiting to alight and become the next furthest ridge. At least the kids are in school today. I imagine there will be some parent complain that their kids had to wait for the bus in this kind of weather, but I have little sympathy as I remember doing the same. It was good for character. In fact, I remember running the the couple hundred yards to the bus stop from my house in the cold because I was late for it, feeling the cold air filling my lungs and biting my face in the rush to get there. My glasses always fogged up when I got on the bus, making it hard to find a spot to sit down at. Being that we were one of the last stops on the way to school made it that much harder. Of course we also walked 10 miles uphill both ways in 2 feet of snow to get to school, right?

Comments

Mike Bond said…
I know a bunch of high school kids from karate. I never understand why they get out because of cold. they used to tell us that if we were cold to dress warmer.

So, that's what I tell them. (some are whining on facebook right now because Mon county didn't have a delay).

"But my heavy coat doesn't go with my skirt" ... THEN DON'T WEAR THAT SKIRT!

"I can't afford a warmer coat!" ... THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE AN IPHONE?!?!

kids today need smacked around more.

Popular Posts