Gathering


 In my gospel studies lately, I have been drawn to the concept of gathering and it's opposing principal of scattering.  The scriptures talk of the gathering of Israel.  This is often thought of as a physical gathering and that is true.  However, as often with scripture, there's also a spiritual aspect to the symbolic type represented by the scriptural example.  For me, the Lord wishes that I gather to Him.  He wants me to come to Him and be one with Him.   This doesn't mean that I will be physically with Him, per se. I do believe that will happen with an eternity of time before me.  I hope that with eternity I will get to know everyone's story eventually.  I think the gathering that will be most useful to the Lord and to me, is a spiritual gathering to His will.   I "come to" God often in prayer, seeking to know His will with a sincere desire to be able to fulfill it.  I seek inspiration through personal revelation as I listen for Him to answer me.  I then act with faith that the Lord and I are united in purpose to the best of my ability and understanding and He can expand that if needed to fulfill our joint gathered united purpose.   Love expands the soul when we are gathered or united together.   In the Book of Mormon a prophet, Lehi, has a vision of the Tree of Life.  It's fruit is the Love of God.  In the New Testament, Jesus is referred to as the Bread of Life and the fountain of Living Water.  He is the gift that God has given to us that allows us to do the work of gathering and coming to God and receiving His love and being united.  There are many voices today that seek to divide us, to scatter us by telling us how different we are, how intolerant, unlikable, or inhuman other children of God are.  I believe in the family of God, of which we all are.  As we gather together in righteous causes, whatever they may be, I know that God will be with us and we will feel of His love and perhaps we can see a glimpse of what eternity can be with our amazing, divine family.  The family of man is the family of God, even those who don't know it yet. We have eternity together.  I hope to get to know everyone and grow from everyone's stories, individuality and spirit.  Humans are beautiful. 

Comments

Popular Posts