Writing

I've been reading this book about writing like you talk in order to get you writing. I think it's called, "If You Can Talk, You Can Write" by some UCLA (I think) prof. It's pretty cute and has some nice ideas. He talks about being more prolific and lowering your expectations. I think that I may be bitten with the "perfectionist" bug about my writing sometimes, so maybe it will help. Of course, it might be that I'm just too lazy. I guess only time will tell. I can be less lazy. I'm trying. It would be great to be a good enough writer to supplement my income with it. Ideally, I'd be writing full time at some point. It's not like there are a lot of java programming jobs in Petersburg, WV. I think ever since Mrs. Harman's English class back at PHS I've had that dream. I don't know why I pursued anything else. I've never heard anyone say my work just sucks. I am a good java programmer though and it does have its enjoyable moments. You hear about all of these writers that get kicked to the curb, but I don't know any personally. I only hear about people getting published. I once read that there is a dearth of good content out there. I can provide content. I'm a decent writer, or at least not horrible. And I know a lot of horrible writers get published, because I've read some of their stuff. I can write that badly at least, can't I.

Comments

Popular Posts